We are being flooded with Social Media invitations and updates. Web-based communication icons like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn are dominating the way we interact with each other. People are feeling the need to be updated at all times. It has become a time eater, and businesses are quickly becoming aware of the drain it can have on productivity. People love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out.
Understanding Social Media is about communicating the right way. We are beginning to communicate more through electronic means than face to face. Talking on a phone has been replaced more and more with SMS (texting.) Social media channels are becoming the main form of communication and participants will realize how Social media and the Workplace can work together.
What is Social Media?
Social media is actually a combination of terms: media means communications and social means interactive and personal. It is commonly associated with digital forms of communication since it allows more interaction from a larger audience. Sites that use social media differ from regular web sites in that while they offer you information, they also allow you to interact with them, whether it’s to leave a comment or sharing a common interest. Social media performs like a two-way street of communication – it allows you to receive information while giving you the chance to communicate back.
- Small Business Owner
- Solutions Manager
- Strategic Development Officer
- Career in Internet Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Professional
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Learn the meaning of social media
- Learn different ways social media is used and altered
- Build and maintain a social media policy
- Keeping your social media secure
- Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
- Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What is Social Media?
User Created Content
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Defining Your Social Media Policy (I)
It Should be a Living Document
Choosing an Information Officer
What Can and Cannot Be Shared
Legal and Ethic Specifications
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Defining Your Social Media Policy (II)
New Hire Orientation
Let Common Sense Guide You
Rules on Soliciting and Personal Posts
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Creating a Living Document
What is a Living Document?
How Often is it Revised?
Who Will Be in Charge?
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Keeping an Eye on Security
Needs Constant Monitoring
Keeping Information Confidential
Protecting Intellectual Property
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Rules to Follow When Posting (I
Always Show Respect
Stop and Think Before You Post
Always Be Honest
Never Discredit or Talk Ill of Competitors
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Rules to Follow When Posting (II)
Act Like You Would in Real Life
Grammar and Spelling Still Counts
Never Post When You are Angry
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Benefits of Social Media
From Audience to Author
Builds Customer Loyalty
Speed and Flexibility in Communication
Two Way Communications
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: The Pitfalls of Social Media
Remember, It is Out There Forever
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Listen to Your Customers
They Provide Great Feedback
It Makes Them Happy
Improves Your Brand
Improves Product Development
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- Social Media Management Getting Started
- Social Media Management What is Social Media?
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 02
- Social Media Management Module 02 Quiz
- Social Media Management Defining Your Social Media Policy (I)
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 03
- Social Media Management Module 03 Quiz
- Social Media Management Defining Your Social Media Policy (II)
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 04
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 04
- Social Media Management Creating a Living Document
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 05
- Social Media Management Module 05 Quiz
- Social Media Management Keeping an Eye on Security
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 06
- Social Media Management Module 06 Quiz
- Social Media Management Rules to Follow When Posting (I)
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 07
- Social Media Management Module 07 Quiz
- Social Media Management Rules to Follow When Posting (II)
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 08
- Social Media Management Benefits of Social Media
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 09
- Social Media Management Module 09 Quiz
- Social Media Management The Pitfalls of Social Media
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 10
- Social Media Management Listen to Your Customers
- Social Media Management Case Study Module 11
- Social Media Management Module 11 Quiz
- Social Media Management Wrapping Up
- Social Media In The Workplace - eBook
- Rate Social Media Management Course