Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one's own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since at least the 1900's, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
As a result of the growing acknowledgement by professionals of the importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, the research on the topic continued to gain momentum, but it wasn't until the publication of Daniel Goleman's best seller Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ that the term became widely accepted by mainstream media.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence is a part of you that affects every aspect of your life. Understanding the root causes of your emotions and how to use them can help you to effectively identify who you are and how you interact with others.
With Emotional Intelligence being a fairly new branch of psychology, its definition can be found in various theories and models. We are presenting a definition influenced by a few theories, and mainly popularized by Daniel Goleman’s 1995 book Emotional Intelligence.
- Family Business Owner
- Manager & Leader
- Office Executive
- Small Business Owner
- Manufacturer Executive
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Understand, use and manage your emotions.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
- Balance optimism and pessimism.
- Effectively impact others
- Emotional Intelligence Getting Started
- Emotional Intelligence What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 02
- Emotional Intelligence Module 02 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Module Case Study 03
- Emotional Intelligence Module 03 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Verbal Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 04
- Emotional Intelligence Module 04 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 05
- Emotional Intelligence Module 05 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Social Management and Responsibility
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 06
- Emotional Intelligence Module 06 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 07
- Emotional Intelligence Module 07 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Gaining Control
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 08
- Emotional Intelligence Module 08 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Business Practices (I)
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 09
- Emotional Intelligence Module 09 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Business Practices (II)
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 10
- Emotional Intelligence Module 10 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Making an Impact
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 11
- Emotional Intelligence Module 11 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Cultural Issues
- Emotional Intelligence Case Study Module 12
- Emotional Intelligence Module 12 Quiz
- Emotional Intelligence Wrapping Up
- Hypothetical Scenario
- Emotional Intelligence eBook
- Rate Emotional Intelligence Course
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What is Emotional Intelligence?
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Skills in Emotional Intelligence
How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Verbal Communication Skills
Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Social Management and Responsibility
Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
Articulate your Emotions Using Language
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
Seeing the Other Side
Self-Management and Self-Awareness
Giving in Without Giving Up
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Gaining Control
Using Coping Thoughts
Using Relaxation Techniques
Bringing it All Together
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Business Practices (I)
Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Business Practices (II)
The Balance Between Optimism and Pessimism
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Making an Impact
Creating a Powerful First Impression
Assessing a Situation
Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise