You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
The Coaching And Mentoring focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
Defining Coaching and Mentoring
Before getting deeper into the subject of coaching, it is prudent to discuss mentoring and what it tries to achieve. Understanding the difference between coaching and mentoring will help you be clear on your coaching objective. Many times, these two concepts are misunderstood.
Develop your coaching skills and the confidence to adopt a ‘coaching management style’
Are you looking to bring out the best in the people around you within your workplace? If so, this invaluable course is perfect for you. Not only is it a great introduction, but also a solid foundation in which to adopt a ‘coaching management style’.
On completion of this course you will feel empowered to act as a coach or mentor in the workplace.
- Relationship Manager – Coaching and Mentoring
- Human Resource Advisor
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
What is Coaching?
What is Mentoring?
Introducing the G.R.O.W. Model
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Setting Goals
Goals in the Context of GROW
Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
Setting SMART Goals
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Understanding the Realities
Getting a Picture of Where You Are
Exploring the Past
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Developing Options
Choosing Your Final Approach
Structuring a Plan
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
Creating the Final Plan
Identifying the First Step
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
What is Trust?
Trust and Coaching
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
The Feedback Sandwich
Providing Constructive Criticism
Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
Focusing on Progress
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Reaching the End
How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
Transitioning the Coachee
Wrapping it All Up
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
The Basic Differences
Blending the Two Models
Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
Focusing on the Relationship
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping it Up
Words from the Wise
- Coaching and Mentoring: Getting Started
- Coaching and Mentoring Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 02
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 02 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Setting Goals
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 03
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 03 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Understanding the Realities
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 04
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 04 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Developing Options
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 05
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 05 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Wrapping it All Up
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 06
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 06 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring The Importance of Trust
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 07
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 07 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Providing Feedback
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 08
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 08 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Overcoming Roadblocks
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 09
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 09 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Reaching the End
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study 10
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 10 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
- Coaching and Mentoring Case Study Module 11
- Coaching and Mentoring Module 11 Quiz
- Coaching and Mentoring Wrapping it Up
- Rate Coaching and Mentoring Course