This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and 'the handshake', conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let's face it: we've all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette coursework will help participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation.
- Family Business Owner
- Consultant & Business Advisor
- Focus Group Analyst
- Franchise Owner
- Patent Attorney
- Small Business Owner
- Solutions Manager
- Strategic Development Officer
- Venture Capitalist
- Manufacturer Executive
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
- Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Understanding Etiquette
The Importance of Business Etiquette
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Networking for Success
Creating an Effective Introduction
Making a Great First Impression
Using Business Cards Effectively
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: The Meet and Greet
The Three-Step Process
The Four Levels of Conversation
Case Study (I)
Case Study (II)
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: The Dining in Style
Understanding Your Place Setting
Using Your Napkin
Eating Your Meal
Sticky Situations and Possible Solutions
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Eating Out
Ordering in a Restaurant
About Alcoholic Beverages
Paying the Bill
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Business Email Etiquette
Addressing Your Message
Grammar and Acronyms
Top 5 Technology Tips
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Phone Etiquette
Developing an Appropriate Greeting
Dealing with Voicemail
Cell Phone Do’s and Don’ts
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: The Written Letter
Thank You Notes
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Dressing for Success
The Meaning of Colors
Interpreting Common Dress Codes
Deciding What to Wear
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: International Etiquette
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- Business Etiquette Getting Started
- Business Etiquette Understanding Etiquette
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 02
- Business Etiquette Networking for Success
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 03
- Business Etiquette The Meet and Greet
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 04
- Business Etiquette The Dining in Style
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 05
- Business Etiquette Eating Out
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 06
- Business Etiquette Business Email Etiquette
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 07
- Business Etiquette Phone Etiquette
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 08
- Business Etiquette The Written Letter
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 09
- Business Etiquette Dressing for Success
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 10
- Business Etiquette International Etiquette
- Business Etiquette Case Study Module 11
- Business Etiquette Wrapping Up
- Business Etiquette - eBook
- Rate Business Etiquette Course