Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers.
Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them, or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping!
- Family Business Owner
- Consultant & Business Advisor
- Focus Group Analyst
- Franchise Owner
- Small Business Owner
- Solutions Manager
- Strategic Development Officer
- Venture Capitalist
- Manufacturer Executive
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
Module One: Introduction
Module Two: Basic Terminology (I)
Cost of Goods Sold
Module Two: Review
Module Three: Basic Terminology (II)
Module Three: Review
Module Four: Accounting Methods
Differences between Cash and Accrual
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Keeping Track of Your Business
The General Ledger
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Understanding the Balance Sheet
The Accounting Equation
Types of Assets
Types of Liabilities
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Other Financial Statements
Cash Flow Statement
Budget vs. Actual
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Payroll Accounting / Terminology
Employee Tax Withholding’s
Employer Tax Expenses
Tracking Accrued Leave
Government Payroll Returns/Reports
Module Eight: Review
Module Nine: End of Period Procedures
Depreciating Your Assets
Working with the Trial Balance
Posting Adjustments and Corrections
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control
Reasons for Budgeting
Creating a Budget
Comparing Budget to Actual Expenses
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Auditing
What is an Audit?
When and Why Would You Audit?
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- Basic Bookkeeping Introduction
- Basic Bookkeeping Basic Terminology (I)
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 02
- Basic Bookkeeping Basic Terminology (II)
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 03
- Basic Bookkeeping Accounting Methods
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 04
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 04 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Keeping Track of Your Business
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 05
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 05 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 06
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 06 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Other Financial Statements
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 07
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 07 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Payroll Accounting / Terminology
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 08
- Basic Bookkeeping End of Period Procedures
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 09
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 09 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 10
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 10 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Auditing
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Case Study Module 11
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills Module 11 Quiz
- Basic Bookkeeping Wrapping Up
- Rate Basic Bookkeeping Course